This too, shall pass




We just switched insurance companies and I'm currently waiting to meet my new doctor. This process will involve answering a long series of questions regarding my exciting medical history and current medications. It will then lead to be referred to a new Oncologist who will, undoubtedly, ask the same questions and order more tests.
As I sit here in the office, I find myself reliving the first appointment which then led to the the following year of pills, pokes, and prodding. My stomach gets all knotted up and I zone out in deep recollective thought.
Then out of the blue my youngest son, now 4 years old says, "Dad! Can you start my game over.". Apparently he'd asked me couple times but I was so lost in thought I didn't hear him. The moment I heard his voice I was reminded of my experience with cancer again. This time, however, I remembered that as tough as it was, it is now nothin more than a memory. Everyday I live is another reminder that cancer can be beaten. Every laugh from my kids tells me that doctors can be wrong. Everytime I get a haircut I know that I got my life back and you will too.
So today be encouraged by this: cancer sucks, treatments can suck more but it won't last forever. You can win.
So cheer up! This too shall pass.

0 comments:

Post a Comment